BBC Two has commissioned a new factual drama called Independence Day? How Disabled Rights Were Won. It’s based on the remarkable true story of the people behind an irrepressible campaign of direct-action, which led to the winning of the Disability Discrimination Act in Britain.
Latest News Stories
- Call for certain pupils to repeat a year of school
- Astronaut Feasibility Project welcomes physical disabilities for first time
- £42 million funding extended to support children with SEND
- Warnings of dentistry crisis as public concerns continue
- Stop ‘sectioning’ people with a learning disability or autism when they are in crisis