About Derby SENDIASS
Free, confidential, impartial information, advice and support for parents, children and young people up to the age of 25 about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Do you need our help?
- Are you finding it hard to get your voice heard?
- Do you need someone impartial and confidential to talk to about the
support your child or young person receives?
- Do you need information about education, health or social care
systems in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) provision?
- Do you need support in discussions with your child’s school or Local
- Has you child or young person been excluded or at risk of exclusion
from school or on a part time timetable?
Children and Young People
- Do you need some more information to help make decisions
and choices around education, health and social care?
- Do you need someone to talk to about the difficulties you
We can provide you with impartial information and advice suited to your
specific needs as well as guiding you through the SEND processes
and procedures. We’re here to help when you’re not sure of something,
- The law on SEND, health and social care
- Personal budgets
- Requesting Education Health Care Plans (EHCP) – formerly statutory
- The Local Offer (what is available in Derby)
- Transition Post 16
- Preparing for adulthood
- Resolving disagreements
- Exclusions and part time timetables from school
- Face-to-face support and advice*
- Support in attending meetings and school visits*
- Signposting to other organisations
*Dependent on availability
We can support you through the Educational Health Care (EHC) Plan Needs Assessment.
There is help for:
- Families from the point they request an EHC Needs Assessment
- Families of children and young people moving from a Statement of
Special Educational Needs to an EHC plan
- Young people with learning disability assessment, who are requesting an EHCP
See the links in the menu for more information and advice.
Make an Enquiry
If you would like any further information or support please get in touch.
How Did We Do?
We try to provide the information, advice and support that you need.