Did you know Derby City Council has a ‘Post SGO Support Team’ available for you to access?
If you have a Special Guardianship Order ISGO) and are looking for support, advice or guidance, their team can support you with any issues you may have. N.B. If you live outside of Derby and your order has been granted for more than 3 years, you would need to access support from your current Local Authority.
What support is available? They are able to provide:
- Information on how to request an assessment of need
- Signposting to suitable agencies
- Applications to the Adoption Support Fund for specialist assessments, or therapeutic services to be carried out for the child
- Advice on contact issues with birth families
- Information regarding your general queries
- Examples of other support might include: training, support with behaviour management, mentoring, support groups for children or carers, life story work.
How can I get in touch? If you feel you need support from the team or any SGO related queries, please contact them on:
- Telephone: 01332 641881
- Email: email@example.com
Support doesn’t end once the SGO is granted!